The position is working with a team in a joint innovation lab with a large global player defining requirements for next generation car architectures and car operating systems, analyzing the state of the art in embedded systems, architecture synthesis, validation and verification, software development processes and standards, and designing, implementing and deploying an innovative toolchain that meets all of the re-quirements for boosting the productivity of software development in this domain.
About the institute
The Chair of Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Real-time Systems led by Prof. Alois Knoll performs research in the various fields including cognitive robotics and autonomous driving. Recent years have seen tremendous progress in the area of autonomous vehicles. However, in order to advance the field there is an urgent need to perform research into self-driving car archi-tectures, software development processes, continuous integration and deployment, with particu-lar focus on safety, security, scalability and reliability.
• Excellent university Master degree or equivalent (MSc thesis required; non-thesis MSc not accepted) or
- PhD in Computer Science or closely related field
- Familiarity with/experience and interest in formal methods
- advanced verification/validation techniques and tools, e.g. automated theorem provers and model check-ers
- Excellent programming skills, preferably C/C++ and familiarity with IDEs, such as Eclipse
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Ideally, experience in Partition Engines, Operating Systems, Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Self-motivation and ability/willingness to work in an international and interdisciplinary team
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.